Menu

Prentice Hall Algebra 1

I bought a used copy of Prentice Hall Algebra 1 (the newer one, as mentioned on the Math Mammoth site) and it came with a workbook. I was wondering, how do teachers use this course in the schools? Are they assigning the problems in the text AND all of those worksheets? I mainly got this to supplement MUS Algebra, so I'll be picking and choosing problems for my dc, but I have considered using the Prentice Hall as a spine and adding in MUS videos as the supplement. But since I didn't buy a TM ($$$) for the Prentice Hall, I have to figure out scheduling myself.

Any advice on this?

Anyone? I'm trying to figure out how much to assign. There is so much there if you use it all.

I guess I'm going to be spending the weekend with my books so I can figure out what we're going to do with them! Today the dc did their MUS lesson, but then they also did some problems from the Prentice Hall book. I found a word problem for them that made them think. :) The more I look through the Prentice Hall book, the more I like it. I just wish it were more open-and-go. I've been spoiled by programs like CLE that are clearly laid out with 170 lessons for the year and there's just the right amount of problems, not too few and not too many. Oh well; it won't hurt me to figure this out myself!

Ds used Glencoe Algebra 1. I believe it is similar to your text.

As pp said, there are a lot of problems. Ds was given a lot of assignments with evens/odds.

The online worksheets were extremely helpful for practice. If Glencoe has an online component, you might try to access it by searching various school websites. Often access to supplemental material is not passworded.

google 

"prentice hall algebra 1 200x syllabus"   where x is the year your text was published

since this is a PS text you will find lots of stuff out there

examples

<https://sites.google.com/a/wrsd.net/mr-browns-math/algebra-i/worksheets-handouts>

<http://www.phschool.com/webcodes10/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.gotoWebCode&wcprefix=aek&wcsuffix=0099>

• Like 2