Menu

Searching for 5th grade general science inexpensive options?

lots-o-rice

I have curriculum ADD.  I admit it.  My last child should be doing the same material that all the others have done, but I need something different.  

She has done some topical years in the past, and 6th grade will be the ellen McHenry chem.  So, this year, 5th grade, I would like to do a year of general science.  

I have been looking at different options but I am underwhelmed.  I need something easy for me to implement and not too expensive as I won't be using this more than once.

I am open to any options.  We have used Christian things before, but it really doesn't matter right now.  

Thanks for any suggestions,

K

How about interest led with the resources the older kids left behind on the shelves for her? Spend X minutes daily learning with whatever one she likes and discussing her findings with you.

Shepherd Science's Introductory Science is fairly inexpensive. Online self-paced videos and a workbook to go with it, mild amount of hands on projects using typical household items. (This is sitting on my shelf for one of my little ones because I won it in a drawing, but I admit I haven't really looked at it much. DD/2nd says it's awesome. *shrug*)

• Like 1

How about interest led with the resources the older kids left behind on the shelves for her? Spend X minutes daily learning with whatever one she likes and discussing her findings with you.

Shepherd Science's Introductory Science is fairly inexpensive. Online self-paced videos and a workbook to go with it, mild amount of hands on projects using typical household items. (This is sitting on my shelf for one of my little ones because I won it in a drawing, but I admit I haven't really looked at it much. DD/2nd says it's awesome. *shrug*)

This looks like a great alternative for aHa Science which was discontinued. Thanks!!