Menu

• 9 months later...

I bought this also to use for this fall.  I really like how it looks.  I read on her website that the next level is due out summe of 2017.  I can't really give a review since we haven't used it yet but if you have any questions, let me know.

• Like 2

I bought this also to use for this fall. I really like how it looks. I read on her website that the next level is due out summe of 2017. I can't really give a review since we haven't used it yet but if you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks. My head is swimming over literature. I don't think I know enough yet to even ask questions. LOL. I may hit you up after I've had some time to digest

Thanks

Sharon Watson's website has a couple chapters available as  a PDF download. This course looks very solid. I love what I see! It is written to the student, helping students to realize the themes, moral tone, etc. in literature. One of the author's goals is for students not to read a work of literature without being aware of the author's use of literary elements to influence the reader's thinking. I just read an email of this a couple days ago. I can't use this right now because I am already using Veritas. But I am hoping to use this for my middle daughter for 8th grade, before switching her to Veritas, and possibly for my oldest' daughter for her senior year. That is my plan for now, it can change.

I'm looking at this for my rising 10th grader.  It looks good for a child who doesn't enjoy reading.  My older daughter and I love to read so it's hard for me to understand that my younger girl is a reluctant reader.  She reads well, but definitely doesn't enjoy it.