Menu

Has anyone had LASIK? Opinions?

Murphy101

I'm not sure how complications from cataract surgery would deter someone from Lasik?  It's a different surgery for different reasons.

I said in my OP that my husband's recovery took longer.  He had his flap crease also, as mentioned by the previous poster.  He had excellent follow up with his surgeon regularly for several weeks after his surgery and recovered perfectly.  I think immediate and consist follow up while healing was taking place was critical here.  He would do it again in a heartbeat even with the more complicated recovery.  And I think that's another testament to the fact that you should chose your surgeon extremely carefully.  As with any procedure, there are risks and I think it is good to know what they are up front.  I also think it's good to know that having a complication does not necessarily mean a bad long term outcome.  It may be worth it to ask, what percentage have complications with recovery.  And what percentage of that group has long term problems with their vision that they did not have before?

My husband has never been able to wear contacts, so he was basically blind without glasses on his face. 

• Like 1