Menu

Fell for a FB scam: what do I do?

Laurie4b

This morning, I received a friend request from someone who was already a friend on FB. I even thought to myself, "I thought we were already friends. I see photos of her grandchild. Maybe it's because I'm friends with someone tagged in the photos." And didn't think further before I clicked accept to the friend request.  :glare:  Dumb, dumb, dumb! 

I have since unfriended the fake account. I tried to report to FB, but not sure that went through. 

What else do I need to do? I've done a google search and FB pages have come up that are not tremendously helpful. I figured the Hive would be better. :) 

You need to be sure that your friend knows. If possible, also post to her (real) wall so that her other friends will know.  I don't think you'll be able to report it to FB; only she can do that.  The fake person probably has her blocked so that she can't see the fake account.  The intent is for the fake person to gather as many of her friends as possible and then request money. They say they have an emergency, are stranded, away from home, etc., and ask for money.

• Like 1