Menu

Latin/Greek root fun for 7 year old?

displace

Any recs for learning sources for Latin/Greek roots? DS will be 7 soon. I'm not looking for a full curriculum per se unless it's super easy and fun. Just into to roots in English language to make vocab make more sense. Maybe stories or books even. Any thoughts?

Red Hot Root Words and Words on the Vine are fun workbooks.

There is also a Rummy Roots game. I haven't seen it but it has gotten good reviews here.

ETA: If you join Pinterest, there are lots of ideas for games and activities there.

Red Hot Root Words and Words on the Vine are fun workbooks.

There is also a Rummy Roots game. I haven't seen it but it has gotten good reviews here.

ETA: If you join Pinterest, there are lots of ideas for games and activities there.

Yes, my dd5 really enjoys vocabulary and especially playing with Latin and Greek roots. I have both sets of Rummy Roots cards and they are fun:). The simplest game is Go Fish style where you pair up the root card with the definition card. Sweet and simple enough even for the youngest of kids. There are several other games of various levels of difficulty that can be played with the same cards and it is simple to make up your own as well.