Menu

Who is using Build Your Library?

PRTGSw2K

• 4 weeks later...

We are. I am doing the third grade for my fourth grader because the readers in the third grade are at fourth grade level and I think that's best for her. Last year we studied all the American Girls and their history periods so I think this will be a good way to start bringing this all together.

I am doing a modified version of the kindergarten for my special needs kindergartener. She's not ready to listen to longer books yet so I'm substituting for those stories. The first chapter book is little house in the big woods and thankfully there are picture books that go along with that book now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are using the prehistory unit as a base for discussion/ideas/structure on learning prehistory. We are spreading it out over the year instead of six weeks, and doing a lot of supplementing to build up the science. We are really enjoying it so far, and I think the book selections are really excellent. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have loved the book selections so far but DD1 had a massive overload meltdown and day 4. She wanted to do it all and was intensely interested but her mind was just full, she could not do anymore. We had appointments on Friday and a big field trip today so hopefully Tuesday will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are.. My chosen history program flopped so I tried BYL since I already had it. We are using 1st grade because we started out doing ancients and my kids seem to like the books so far.

I am just gathering together the things I need for the Kindergarten level for my youngest. He needs something lighter then what I originally planned.

I will probably do 2nd grade next year.

It was not my first choice to start with but it's been the only thing that is working and getting done so I'm happy with that.