Menu

Help me pick a new phone please!

kristi26

Help me pick a new phone please!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone should I get? Why?

Which phone should I get? My contract with Sprint is ending and I'm joining my husband with Verizon. I am currently between two phones: Samsung Galaxy S5 and LG G3. I already have the LG's grandma, the LG Optimus G. I like it okay, but it has some quirks that I don't like. It will randomly turn itself off for no reason (and has since I got it nearly two years ago). It also kicks me off apps if my wifi suddenly vanishes (even when I have clear signal). I like the amount of space it has, the size of the screen, and there was something else but my mom brain just kicked in. :lol: Oh! The camera is pretty good!

I'm looking at the Samsung because it's a popular phone that I can get for $1 at Best Buy with a new plan. It's one I looked at two years ago when getting this one (but I think back then it was the 3). It has a better camera than my current phone. It's easy to use...I don't know. I hesitate because I know it can hold less spacewise and I let's be serious here. I have 2,000+ pics on my phone right now. And that's just the pics. 

So help me choose and tell me why you're right! Thanks! :)

LG Optimus is barely comparable to LGs flagship models, G2, then G3, now G4, etc.

The G5 is a good phone, but I prefer the G3 for the superior pixel resolution, the 13 mg camera, the tap on feature, and better antenna.

I would would recommend going to a store just to hold and try out each model. The ergonomics of the S5 may be more appealing, or you may like the speakers better. It just depends on your personal preference.

• Like 1

I don't have either phone, but I recently got a Nokia Lumia (Windows phone) and love it. The only downside is that it doesn't have nearly as many apps available as an iPhone or Android, but since I have an iPad (and do better with the bigger screen/keyboard anyway), I never used many apps on my old android, either (actually, DD has put more on it since she inherited it, sim-less, a few months ago than I ever did).

• Like 1

Can you add an SD card to either phone? That was one of my main criteria-I wanted to be able to add memory for more photos, and with SD cards, if I fill one up, I can always swap out a new one, leaving all my photos on the old card. I also like being able to just stick the card in my computer and download all the pics at once.

• Like 1

Can you add an SD card to either phone? That was one of my main criteria-I wanted to be able to add memory for more photos, and with SD cards, if I fill one up, I can always swap out a new one, leaving all my photos on the old card. I also like being able to just stick the card in my computer and download all the pics at once.

Yes, I know the Samsung has that option.  I'm not sure with the LG. That's a good thought to add to my list as I consider and weigh both options. Thanks for that! :)