Menu

Looking for one year Modern American History and one year Modern World History for 7/8 grade level...

So far I have been unlucky in finding one. My student does not love history but will tolerate it. I would love to cover Modern American History- lets say 1900 until now (maybe 1850 until now) but not the earlier history. We already did that.

He likes the set up of the MP Ancient World and Medieval World- short, sweet and to the point. He would take notes, make memory cards of important events and people, do research on topics that would interest him in his reading and answer questions from the TM orally. What is there that is similar in set up but for Modern American History?

And the same for Modern World history which we plan on doing after a year of Modern American History. We already covered Ancient, Medieval and all the way through about 1800 or so.

Thank you very much.

A History of US concise edition volumes C and D cover 1865 to now. Volume 3 of The Human Odyssey would cover the time period you are looking for in world history.

I'm not familiar with MP's history, so I can't advise you on what would be similar.