Menu

Conceptual Physics

There's a self-study option at the authors' website: http://www.conceptualacademy.com/node/42251

They provide "reading assignments, video lessons, quizzes, worksheets, chapter summaries, unit exams, and, most notably, detailed guidance from the author" . . .

I've emailed back and forth with Mr. Suchocki and I'm impressed. He's very approachable and wants very much to make these self-study courses work for homeschool families using their textbooks (Hewitt & Suchocki). They're working hard this year to develop a self-study course for every text they've written. Looks like Conceptual Physics is finished and most others are as well.

Right now, you can get a whole self-study course for $30. The price will be going up to $60 later this summer. Still quite a bargain.

HTH.

• Like 2

My dd is signed up for the Conceptual Academy self-study mentioned above.  We were going to go with Landry's online class using CP but decided to do it on our own.  We're aiming for as many labs as possible but I will use Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's interactive virtual labs to supplement ($30 for one year subscription).   $30 for the self-study with the author support and guidance is a tremendous deal.