Menu

That feeling after the whirldwind graduation weekend

and you wake up to an email wanting the books you plan on using for next year's co-op class.  :001_huh:

The ONE good thing about graduating a senior is, I get this year off. I have a year with no senior and that means margin and fewer deadlines and less releasing all year. 

After the flurry of deadlines and senior presentations and programs and pulling every favorite thing from K-12 for the senior table and cutting up fruit for 300 and rehearsing and pictures and cleaning up and then early to church for cap and gown Sunday and more pictures of probably the last time all of these kids will be together . . . 

I do not really want to plan for next year yet. Anyone else there right now? 

We were just talking about this over on the college board.  It has taken me a full week to feel as if I have finally caught up on my sleep after graduation.  

The week of the 18th was absolutely crazy with both teens in a Fiddler on the Roof production (I was head of props), 10 family members visiting for the week, cast party, school performances, formal graduation with speeches, presentation board, luncheon, threw a party/BBQ for 65 people, took kids to Comic Con, attended other graduation parties, etc.

Only two years until my next graduate.  Now, I have to start planning next year for her.  Due to an illness that was similar to mono, Dd is behind in a few courses as she heads into junior year.  I need to plan carefully since she is still easily exhausted and plagued by headaches.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely NO initiative to start the planning right now.  My desk is just a room full of piles of graduation info, college info, and unopened bills.  I guess I do need to get to work after all. :huh: 

• Like 1

I'm glad to know I'm not alone!  These are the days I look jealously at my friends who have kids spaced 3 and 4 years apart. Oh the luxury of planning one child at a time! I told my younger two that when ds16 graduates, we're renting our house, getting an RV and going on a year-long field trip. That's how I'm going to feel after graduating 5 in 7 years! Not even counting the college and graduate school graduations.  :tongue_smilie: I think one year of field tripping around the U.S. will be on order.