Menu

Anyone receive their Brainware Safari from the co-op yet?

MommyX8

I haven't received the cd's but I did get an email and was able to download the software from the links in the email and use it. Did you get the email? The download file was pretty big. I would like to get the cds and hopefully get more documentation but my son has enjoyed it so far.

I haven't received the cd's but I did get an email and was able to download the software from the links in the email and use it. Did you get the email? The download file was pretty big. I would like to get the cds and hopefully get more documentation but my son has enjoyed it so far.

When did you get the email? All I've gotten is my credit card bill. :001_huh:

When did you get the email? All I've gotten is my credit card bill. :001_huh:

I receive my email on August 27. I haven't downloaded it yet though as we are saving the software for either a birthday or a Christmas present. It was funny though that dd came along as my dh and I were watching the demonstration video and was just intrigued and asked "Can we get this?" I'm hoping they do another buy in a few years as I didn't want to pay yet for a copy for a 3 year old.

I got my email August 27 directly from BrainWare Safari. It had a download link and also the user names and passwords of both users. The email address was brainware@learningenhancement.com. Maybe it got put into a spam folder or something, or you could email and see what is going on. They also gave a couple of phone numbers:

Karen Buccola, 877-272-4610

the help desk for the software is 866-639-1101

We haven't used it enough to give it a review. I'm hoping to set up a regular time every day to use it for 20 minutes or so.

I'm hoping they do another buy in a few years as I didn't want to pay yet for a copy for a 3 year old.

That was probably smart! I did get a copy for my 3 year old, and while there are a couple of games he can do many of the games require reading or are just too complex.

I got my email August 27 directly from BrainWare Safari. It had a download link and also the user names and passwords of both users. The email address was brainware@learningenhancement.com. Maybe it got put into a spam folder or something, or you could email and see what is going on. They also gave a couple of phone numbers:

Karen Buccola, 877-272-4610

the help desk for the software is 866-639-1101

Thanks! I emailed them.

I received mine in the mail about 4 days after ordering it. I was thrilled because I thought they wouldn't be sent out until Sept. 9th. We got it in time for the first day of school which was great because I wanted to start off with a fixed schedule for the year. My son has used it 4 days now for 45-60 min. per day. He has enjoyed it so far and hasn't complained yet. I have him do it first thing in the morning and feel like it is helping to wake up his brain and get him ready for his other subjects. A couple of the games he has done really well at and passed off all of the levels at one sitting. Others he hasn't made it through the first level yet. My son has dyslexia and his eye doctor recommended this program last year but we couldn't afford it. I'm really grateful for the great deal I got through the co-op. Hopefully it will help but it is too early yet to know.

• 1 month later...

before spending so much on it. $50.00 seams nothing compare to $300 they claim it worth, but none of us like it. My daughter is very advanced and will love about anything that moves on the screen, and she always find a reason not to play with it. She says that she likes it, but does't ever want to use it, there you go. I did not like it either. See, there is no demo in there website, just a few screen shots. If you know someone who already has it, you may want to try. I consider it wasted money. I could buy 3 more books on critical thinking instead from amazon. I think if the creators of the program say that it worth $300.00, sell it for $50, and don't allow you any demos, it is probably worth the value of Disney games level. I hope I am wrong and my daughter will start picking up something from it. Now I have to drug her to it. The really good software company give you a week or a month free trial. Sorry am going in circles now.

We recieved the email and info to download on August 27th also started using it that way. It did take awhile to get the actual CD-Rom. They also send a log book for each child. My kids really liked having those but then didn't use them but once or twice!

They like using the program. We don't get to it enough though.

When they are done with something, they do ask, "Can I go do Brainware Safari??" :-)

Guest marti3276

My 12 yo dd has been using this for a few weeks and loves it. Some of the difficult exercises she still cannot do, BUT we discovered that if she clicks on the Practice Mode, she can do the exercises to her hearts content without it scoring her. Also, a great plus for the parent. I have done the exercises in the practice mode to see what it is like. And some were difficult for me! Esp clicking 5 times before putting in the info asked. It is not easy for me to click in time with the computer!

I want to stress that the practice mode allows the parent to do the exercises also. It does not count toward the student's record! I have read so many questions or concerns on other boards about trying it out, or wanting to do it along with the child. Well, that is how you can.

Here is a great couple of websites with answers to many question about what cognitive skills etc....

http://www.mybrainware.com/education

Better yet:

http://www.mybrainware.com/professional

and this is a link to their newsletter:

http://www.brainwareforyou.com/Newsletter/NewsletterFeb2008.htm

Marti

Elma, WA