Menu

Logic puzzle cards

When I was in elementary school (early 80's), our classroom had a big boxed set of cards, each with a different logic puzzle. They ranged from toothpick puzzles to word problems to block problems and were meant for elementary school, so not overly difficult. Does anyone remember theses? I would love to find them again. They are sort of like these

http://www.amazon.com/Logic-Puzzles-Simon-Tudhope/dp/0794532462/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432175877&sr=8-3&keywords=Logic+puzzle+card

But a larger set and very simply designed.

When I was in elementary school (early 80's), our classroom had a big boxed set of cards, each with a different logic puzzle.

Your description of cards reminded me of SRA materials I remember having in elementary school.  With a little searching, I wonder if your materials might not be the Thinklab series.  You can read a bit here.  They appear to be out of print.

Regards,

Kareni

Kareni, you were spot on- this is what I was looking for! It came with a set of manipulatives as described. Unfortunately, I can't find a set anywhere! I found an old Amazon forum posting with one poster offering a set for sale and multiple posters offering to purchase. If I find anything similar I will repost to this thread. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Kareni, you were spot on- this is what I was looking for! It came with a set of manipulatives as described. Unfortunately, I can't find a set anywhere! I found an old Amazon forum posting with one poster offering a set for sale and multiple posters offering to purchase. If I find anything similar I will repost to this thread. Thanks again.

Yes, I stumbled on that same Amazon forum posting.  Clearly you're not the only one remembering the set with fondness!  I hope you'll find a set of your own in the near future.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1