Menu

K12 middle schooler users, can you help a hive mama out?

I hope I am explaining this correctly.  I need some help from someone who is familiar with the K12 middle school language arts.

I am trying to to find the specific Shakespeare books assigned by K12 for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade language arts.  I am trying to help out a local friend find these particular books and I have hit a dead end.  It has now become a quest, lol.

So, they are listed as

6th grade: Shakespeare 12th night (Shakespeare for young reader's adaption)

7th grade: Shakespeare Julius Caesar (Shakespeare for young reader's adaption)

8th grade: Romeo and Juliet isbn: 0451526864

first thing to know: the designation "Shakespeare for young readers" is fairly useless. The mystery begins with the ISBN that I got for the Romeo and Juliet. It leads to a fairly standard Romeo and Juliet book BUUUT the reviews are obviously for a different book (don't you love diving into the guts of amazon, lol) called the "No Fear Shakespeare" edition.  No Fear Shakespeare has it's own listing and I can find it...but is it the correct one for 8th grade?  And the reviews keep comparing the No Fear Shakespeare to the Shakespeare retelling by Bruce Coville (I love him!).  Is it possible the K12 editions for grades 6 and 7 are the Coville books? But he doesn't seem to have done 12th night.

It has now become a mystery and I just want to solve it. I am trapped in Amazon! I know that k12 does it's own adaptions of some books, such as Don Quixote. But, that does not seem to be the case in this specific situation. Well, I guess it could be, but it is unlikely that Amazon has no record of any of them. They most likely would have at least one, given my experience with them.

So, if any of you have used K12 literature can you please just put me out of my misery. :willy_nilly:

The K12 books can be found on amazon (mostly for 1 cent + shipping, used). You would search under "shakespeare for young people".

Here's the link to the Julius Caesar one:

http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Young-People-Julius-Caesar/dp/0767508297/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431549706&sr=8-1&keywords=shakespeare+for+young+people

The others are listed, too.

The K12 books can be found on amazon (mostly for 1 cent + shipping, used). You would search under "shakespeare for young people".

Here's the link to the Julius Caesar one:

http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Young-People-Julius-Caesar/dp/0767508297/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431549706&sr=8-1&keywords=shakespeare+for+young+people

The others are listed, too.

That is it!  K12 calls it 'Shakespeare for young readers" not "young people"  Big difference, lol

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Redsquirrel:

Thanks for bringing this up!  We are using the 8th grade materials for next year and I am now confused about which version of Romeo and Juliet to get.  I've looked through all the materials and I don't even find the isbn you talked about, above.  So, is it supposed to be the Romeo and Juliet for young people?  Or the other?  TIA!