Menu

Experiment kits for Elemental Science?

diaperjoys

We used Elemental Science when DS was younger. The supply kits weren't available then, but I'd go ahead and buy the kit now if it's an option for you. I say that as a mom who tends to put off doing labs if the supplies aren't all purchased, gathered in one place, and easily accessible on the day we need them. The cost of a pre-packaged kit is well worth the time and legwork it saves me.  :lol:   DS loved Elemental Science. Hope you guys do too!

I bought and used the experiment kit for grammar stage Earth Science and Astronomy this year and felt it was worth it.  Science tends to not get done around here if I have to hunt down supplies and preplan for the lesson.

I went ahead and bought the kit for next year's chemistry as well.

My only complaint is that many of the experiments don't specify the quantity to use.  We had an experiment earlier this year that used epsom salts and string to grow stalactites and stalagmites.  I used the entire package of epsom salts in the kit, only to discover that we were to use epsom salts again this week to grow crystals.  However, this is more a complaint against the Janice VanCleave books that the experiments are pulled from, not against the kit itself.

Lana