Menu

Grocery/household shopping spreadsheet?

MomOfABunch

I want to streamline my shopping and use a spreadsheet with everything typically kept "in stock." Does anyone else do this and have a spreadsheet or template you are willing to share? No need to reinvent the wheel if someone already has done this! Thanks!

I have an excel spreadsheet that i have common items then blank spaces for additions. Its nothing special or technical. I type in the meals I want to make on top then add what I don't have under, separated by department. I recently moved it over to one note to experiment with that format but I don't like it as much because I can't figure out how to make it calculate the sum of my items. I like to know an estimate of what I might spend before I go.

I have a shopping template, which has every item I normally buy, separated by section of the store (each section has some blank space under it where I can write in whatever unusual stuff I need), with two checkboxes next to each item. I check one box if we need the item that week, and the second box when I place it in my cart. I use OneNote for it because I have that on my tablet, which I take with me instead of a paper list, but I could also easily print it out. It really has made my life easier to have a template.