Menu

Calico Spanish, or Spanish after Song School?

My children did Song School through a coop last year. They are rising 1 and 4 grade. Has anyone used the homeschool version of Calico Spanish? Or what would you recommend for a followup to Song School? I know Spanish for Children is too much for my 1st grader and probably for my 4th grader too. I need there to be video/audio teaching because I DO NOT speak Spanish :)

My 7yo will use The Fun Spanish from Brookdale House after Song School Spanish. There is no video/audio option, but it is super easy to run. Two pages a day. My 4th grader started with it last fall and finished it halfway through the year. She put her silly drawings on large index cards instead of the worksheet, which gave her a set of flashcards for practice. Conjugations went on big cards and mixed into her card stack for drilling. (Now she's doing great in Spanish for Children.)

My kids are slowly working through La Clase Divertida.  Since mine are so young, we are going through Level 1 once just watching the videos and learning the songs and vocab words without doing any of the worksheets.  When they are a bit older then we will go through the program more systematically using all the components.

We also supplement with Lil Pim videos (on Amazon Prime streaming) and Salsa Spanish videos.

Wendy