Menu

Book suggestions for book club for logic age girls?

My dd has completely adored books by Wendy Mass, Rebecca Stead, and E.L. Koningsberg. I think any of the books by any of those authors would be stellar selections, especially A Mango Shaped Space, When You Reach Me, or The View from Saturday.  She also was part of a book group that discussed Wonder, which was awesome.  These are more 11-12, I think.

For slightly older, slightly edgier, she has loved The Outsiders and The Fault In Our Stars.

What my DD's book club did (girls ages 9-12, but majority right in the middle of that range) is had each girl bring two book suggestions of books they had read and enjoyed. Then the group voted on book selections, in such a way as each girl had one of her books chosen. The mom organizing the club just said "don't bring junky books" and the girls figured it out and brought pretty good stuff for the most part. In most of the cases, only the girl suggesting the book had read each book, so it was still new to the others. I thought that was a really fun way to pick the books, and my daughter read a number of books I don't think she would have picked out otherwise.