Menu

CLE 300 vs Abeka Language 3

amyc78

Which do you prefer and why? We will not be doing the spelling from either… 

I've seen the Abeka texts in person but only viewed the samples of the CLE Light Units.

It *appears* that both are workbooks that teach to the student, which is what I'm looking for. Abeka has creative writing exercises included in the curriculum, does CLE?

Does CLE have any reading comprehension / literature assignments? Copywork or narration exercises?

The cursive seems a little light in CLE compared to Abeka but that might not be a bad thing for us.

We are a CLE family, I just ordered LA 300 for DD2 a couple of days ago. Spelling is easy to cross off, creative writing is included but may be a bit light (depends on how much you like to do), fewer parts than A Beka - no separate test manuals or tests to buy, it's all in the light units and techer manual.

The 200s include copy work, so I think the 300s will also, but I can get back to you on that in a few weeks when it gets here (I'm in Canada...slooow shipping). No narration, but that is easier to do in our content subjects in any case IMO. CLE Reading includes the reading comprehension and elements of literature type exercises.

• Like 1