Menu

CLE-Do I need the Teacher's Guide or just the Answer Keys

tmstranger

Looking at CLE Language Arts for next year.  They sell Answer Keys for the Light Units, but also a Teacher's Guide w/Answers. 

What do I need?  What is in the Teacher's Guide?  I didn't see samples of that online.  It must be more than the answers, but are there lesson plans or activities??

I'm also considering R&S, but I think the workbooks would work well for this subject. 

I've seen mentioned on here that there are a "lot" of workbook pages in CLE to do for each lesson.  What is meant by a "lot?"  How long does a lesson usually take?  I would likely use all sections (won't omit spelling, etc.). 

I'm asking specifically for 3rd grade, but I'm considering it for my rising 6th grader also (he's a workbook lover right now).

Thanks.

We using CLE LAin Gr 1 and 4.  I bought the teacher's guide for 1 and just the answer key for 4.  The teacher's guide is kind of scripted and has all the pages just like the workbooks.  The answer keys are just the answers.  I would probably just buy those in the future.

The lessons are about 4 pages.  They take my kids 20 or so minutes to complete.

The teacher guides with full student page reproductions with answers are really good: currently available for 1st-3rd in LA (second edition). They include alternate tests in case your child needs a redo, often include some extra practice, reference materials, indexes, And various other teaching helps depending on the course. The ones without answers (first edition - currently 4th and up) are not so good, mostly various indexes and lesson overviews, I get them for the alternate tests just in case. Sixth grade is first edition and the TG doesn't include answers :(. For a program that manages to get grammar, penmanship, writing, punctuation and usage, and spelling in one book, 4 pages isn't bad :).