Menu

Delete - multiple post! Sorry!

Immi

Yes, it is complicated with babies and toddlers. I would say toddlers are more difficult, but my youngest was a high needs baby with some nicu and feeding issues so I didn't get a reprieve anywhere. Since your oldest is still young you will need to do most of the schoolwork with your child. However, total daily time isn't that long. I use nap time mostly, but I also like to break the subjects up to allow for attention span and fine motor maxes. That means something still needs to be done in the morning. For my oldest, it is math mammoth and memory. For my middle it is phonics (she still naps but I stagger it by about 20 minutes so I can do math with her). A baby can be worn, but toddlers are mobile maniacs, lol. Open and go is good. I also like audio books (I can fold laundry while listening) and ebooks (allows me to be mostly hands-free). Don't forget outsourcing. My kids go to grandma's for art. She can set up before they get there and clean up after they leave, and the toddler never even sees all that paint and glitter!

Thank you for responding, Syllieann!  Reading about how you've made it work is helpful!  Just wanted to let you know that I did see your message.  My device has posted my question multiple times though, so I'm going to see if the mods can delete this posting.  BUT, thank you again for taking the time to write.  Just trying to figure out this whole homeschooling thing here to see if it'll work for our family. ;)