Menu

Ebay Sales: Anyone here do this for part-time income?

ThelmaLou

Just curious, since I know many here are looking for work-from-home options (myself included!) I'm interested to hear your set-up if you sell on ebay. What do you sell? How have you sourced merchandise? How many hours/week do you invest and how much are you able to earn per month?

I've had good luck in the past re-selling things I buy at garage sales/thrift stores. It can be pretty lucrative if I come across the right stuff, but it's hit and miss. And since it's not the same kind of merchandise each time, I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel when i research listings, photograph, etc...I'd really love something where I was selling the same type of item each time. That would really help streamline photographs, listings, box sizes/shipping, research, etc...

Anyhow, I'd love to hear real life experiences of others who are happy with their ebay sales. Thanks!

Lisa

I used to sell on e-baby, but anymore the fees just add up too quickly and you have to do a lot of business to really make it worth your while.  I sold something for about $35 recently, $9.00 of that was shipping and just over $4 was e-bays fee, plus the amount that paypal took out $1.33, not much, but it adds up. 

• Like 2

Here's my ebay store.

Double K Bazaar

I sell anything that I think can make a decent profit.  The fees and shipping do add up, but if you do enough volume it can be rewarding.  To date this year, I've sold 138 items at an average profit of roughly $21.00 per item.  That doesn't include the tax impact of that income.  I estimate that I've made roughly $2000 profit all told in the first quarter once taxes are considered.

• Like 1