Menu

Need Curriculum recommendations for Lit, Writing & History

I will be flying into Cincinnati on Wednesday for an appt on Thursday.  I will be able to attend the Convention for a whopping three hours on Thursday night. :hurray:  :crying:   Glad I have the opportunity just wish I could attend all day on Friday. 

Dd will be in 8th next year but I would like to use the opportunity to start researching high school materials.  Right now the plan is for her to attend the local high school co-op for math and science.  That would leave me responsible for lit, writing, history, geography, government and electives.  She is working at grade level, not a voracious reader, and will likely attend a community college. She is a strong writer.

Next year I am planning on working through TtC, Figuratively Speaking and Essentials in Writing.  Not sure about history yet.

I plan on looking at Windows to the World, CLE lit books and Memoria Press guides. Also, the One Year Adventure Novel.   

I would love some suggestions for other hs curriculum to look at while I am there.  What are your favorites????

I'm sure it is just a combination of it being Easter weekend and people liking programs that won't be available at the convention. :)

For my oldest two, I've really enjoyed a combination of Kolbe and Teaching Company for history and literature, however, neither will be at the convention. For electives, I generally find local opportunities or online classes in my child's area of interest.

I'll admit I am looking hard at the WTM Academy for my third daughter's history and lit, when she reaches high school. I don't know whether they will be at the convention this year?

Not much help, I know.

• 2 weeks later...