Menu

One-year writing program for high school senior

My daughter will be in 12th grade next year. She is behind in writing. Two years ago she did IEW SWI C (and did fine). This year she did Essentials in Writing11, but I haven't looked at it all year, and she feels she hasn't learned anything. I am starting her younger brother in WWS  1 so started looking at WWS 3 for her. But does she need to do WWS1 and WWS2 first? When I look at the samples of WWS,  it seems to build on the previous levels so don't know if you can just start with the third book.  I was hoping to do it this summer and either do an online writing class, IEW SWI CC or LTOW with her this fall. I have spend hours reading all of the writing posts (thanks to all you who have posted so much about what you use and why) but still don't know what to do with her in her final year with me.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do with her for her last year? or do I just sign up for an online class?    I'm not against an online class (even if they are expensive) but it is hard to know which one will work for her.

Thanks for any help.

Grethen

I have all my high schoolers do IEW's Lesha Myers books. I absolutely love her Elegant Essay book. I feel it has prepared my kids for college writing. They always do post secondary college courses their junior and senior years, so I do a year of Elegant Essay, and a year of Windows to the World: Intro to Literary Analysis.