Menu

Mavis Beacon help - compatibility with Windows 8.1

I want to purchase Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing for my kids to use this summer, but I cannot figure out if I am buying the right one for my operating system. I have Windows 8.1 on the computer they would use.  None of the Mavis Beacon's I find have 8.1 on them.   Someone who knows about compatibility, please link me to something I can use.  I don't want to drive to the store.  I want to find something on Amazon or ebay.

Hmm my friend gave me the discs...I don't even know which MB version...I installed it on our laptops....all running 8.1.. And away we went, no issues. She got the discs at a yard sale some time ago, so before 8.1 was out. I'm guessing any versions are compatible.

I know you don't want to purchase on a guess, so I know I don't get the dollar lol ...but that's our experience, anyway.

• Like 1

Both of you get a dollar just for answering!  :D

MB is cheap so since I cannot find one that specifically states 8.1 I may take the plunge and buy the most recent version.  The "system requirements" mentioned may be referring to minimum requirements.  Oddly, dh was no help with this question.

• Like 1