Menu

Christian Studies users

laughing lioness

I was surprised, too, when I looked at it last week. I decided that we would do something like this (we haven't started yet).

Day 1. I will read the passage to the children; go over memory verse

Day 2. Ds (3rd grade) will read passage to himself (or to his sister); memory verse

Day 2 or 3. work book page; memory verse

Days 3,4-5. Read same passage from a children's Torah book for a Jewish perspective & discuss; memory verse

Days 3, 4, or 5. Read related children's story, some from a children's midrash book; memory verse

somewhere in there we may draw a picture or do a little role play or narration

It may seem like a lot, but we don't spend a long time doing any one thing. I try to keep it casual, but rigorous, and short. I want to take our time and be happy.

I'm doing this program for more than religious learning (literature, culture, history, ethics,, general bible literacy) so I'm choosing to flesh it out.

I'm doing OT and Ancient Egypt for History this year so this is part of that curriculum, too, for us. I'm going to use VP cards with the Christian Studies.

Of course, all this is subject to change!!:001_smile:

I read the story to them, and we did all the questions orally. When we did CS 1, I had them write out their answers in the workbook (also all in one day) but they didn't enjoy it. Once we started doing CS 2 orally, they enjoyed it a lot more. When we did CS, by dss ages were 8 and 11.

Colleen