Menu

Playing a DVD on an xbox 360

AimeeM

DH is out of town for the week. I'm used to just using the playstation to play movies, but it's been replaced with an xbox 360... everything I'm reading says that it should just come on when it's loaded into the tray, but instead I have a game screen that says "home - social - games - music - etc". I'm not finding anything that has an option to "play dvd".

We're trying to watch a movie on this beautiful snow day... and I have NO clue how to work the xbox, lol.

Under those words at the top, if "home" is highlighted or larger or bolded (can't remember what the selected screen looks like), there should be a green box on the left side that says "play DVD".

ETA: it should start automatically if the Xbox is on and loaded before you put the DVD in. If the system hasn't fully started yet it probably won't auto start.

ETA2: Did your DH take his PS out of town with him? LOL, my DH would so do that if his work trips were any longer than 2 days anymore.

Under those words at the top, if "home" is highlighted or larger or bolded (can't remember what the selected screen looks like), there should be a green box on the left side that says "play DVD".

ETA: it should start automatically if the Xbox is on and loaded before you put the DVD in. If the system hasn't fully started yet it probably won't auto start.

The Home is highlighted, but the green boxes under it say "Open Tray", "My Pins", and "Recent".

We JUST watched a movie in this the other night, so I know it works - just not how :P I tried a different dvd just to make sure it wasn't a bad dvd, but still no luck.