Menu

Anyone from the Capital District area of NY?

Hi,

I'm Jen, DH is Jeff and our kids are 4, 3 and 18 months old. We live in Saratoga County of NY (specifically in the Saratoga Springs School District) and are trying to figure out what we are doing for our kids for schooling. We aren't sure about sending our kids to public school especially since our DS and DD (the 4 and 3 year old) are more like twins and they need to know where each other is at. The kids were adopted from Korea so we have some difficulty with the school teaching them Spanish as a 2nd language among other things.

We would love talk to others in our area who are homeschooling.

Jen

Hi:

Welcome! I live further north but spend time in your general area. I'm sorry that I am not familiar with the schools. You might try posting on the general board as well and see if you can find anyone. Another thought would be a little time at a reputable pre-school. I'm of course for keeping them at home so you can be happy and crazy like the rest of us. Teach them together. :)

Ballston Spa, NY. Hi Jen, we have two children ages 6 and 8. We have a daughter named Virginia (6 years old) and a son named Daniel (8 years old). Our children are adopted from Haiti.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like and I can give you my phone number. As a homeschooling family we belong to Saratoga LEAH and just this year we are starting a homeschooling co-op. I hope this helps you.

Mary Catone