Menu

Help me buy a new laptop

fruitofthewomb

I don't keep up with current technology so j have no idea which brands & such are considered the best. My old laptop is an acer that we bought on Black Friday about 4 years ago.

I really want an iPad but I am not sure that an iPad can really replace a laptop.

I use one note for school & life, have several e books for school & life that I access daily, & let my girls use it for reading eggs, dream box, etc. & for audiobooks (which we use daily).

I just ordered a kindle fire for my girls to streamline audiobooks & so they could have easier access to some learning apps. Not sure what else we will use that for. It's the cheapest one so not a lot of storage. I wanted them to have one to use while I do planning/prepping on laptop.

Anyone have suggestions? Even suggestions on where to order? I am small town so no best buys or anything like that close. Wal Mart is it

Check out the Surface Pro 3. It's a tablet-laptop hybrid. I haven't had a chance to play with mine much, but DH uses his full-time at work and loves it. It's available on amazon. We have the base and the keyboard cover. I am looking for an extra cover that will make it stand up sturdier when I'm not at a table.

I do wish Apple would make an iPad-laptop hybrid like this one. I still use our iPad.