Menu

What level CLE math before Saxon 5/4?

momtofive

CLE is advanced, so I'm wondering what level is best to complete before transitioning into Saxon 5/4? Third grade or second?

Our plan was to move into Saxon eventually, as that's what we plan to use for high school. Seems like 5/4 would be a good place to start Saxon sequence. Any thoughts or advice are very much appreciated! ;)

I would just use the Saxon placement test and go from there.  I'm contemplating the same thing with one of my boys, he's finishing CLE fourth this year so I'm thinking that he would either place into Saxon 54 or 65.  Still trying to decide whether or not we'll switch over this soon or wait until later but will definitely use the Saxon placement test when we do decide to switch.

We've done the same thing.  I planned on Saxon 54 after CLE 3rd.  We ended up not finishing CLE level and one ds went right into 54 and the other into 65.  Thay are having NO problems at all.  Not sure yet what ds (7) will do.  He is finishing CLE1 and flying through it.  He did Saxon DIVE 54, lesson 1 today just because he wanted to be like his big brother.  :)  He will probably get to CLE 3 and we'll see how far he goes in it before we transfer to Saxon 54 for him.

Pam