Menu

Help with Math

chepyl

Aidan is 9 and currently in 4th grade. He just finished SM 5b. 6a is short and he will easily finish it by the end of the school year. After 6b, should we move on to Discovering mathematics? He will be starting that in 5th grade.

SM has been workin really well and he gets math quickly and easily.

My fifth grade son started DM after finishing 6B last year. He has done very will with Singapore and wanted to stay with it. We are going at his pace it will probably take about a year and a half to finish 7A and 7B. Let me know if I can answer any questions about the books.

I am good with math. I took through calculus and have tutored advanced algebra. So I feel pretty confident in my ability to teach. How much teacher support is built into the program? Are solutions fully worked out? Or just answers? Is it easy to teach like the early levels?

I am good with math. I took through calculus and have tutored advanced algebra. So I feel pretty confident in my ability to teach. How much teacher support is built into the program? Are solutions fully worked out? Or just answers? Is it easy to teach like the early levels?

You have to buy separate books to get the fully worked solutions. The workbook and textbook have the answers only.

I don't think there's much teacher support at all. The "teaching notes" are very brief (a page or less per chapter). It wouldn't be a good fit for someone who needed more support or scripted lessons. I don't think it's any more difficult to teach than Primary Math, but I think I'm comfortable with the program because it is similar to how I learned math myself.