Menu

Help w/ college app. essay format PLEASE

I have to write a short essay for my nursing school application and don't know how. I have my essay but I don't know how to format it as I've never had to do this..... Do I put my contact info on it? If so, where? Do I double space (and what does that mean anyhow?). I haven't been in school for years and don't remember how to do these things LOL Thanks. bluecalmsea

My oldest daughter just wrote her college application essay and she wrote it in plain old Word. She used single spacing (but you can check on the website for the school and ask if they have any special requirements). She used just a regular font (similar to what you see here or Times New Roman, etc.)

At the top of the essay, and lining up with the left margin, she put her name, address, telephone number, birthdate, and social security number. Then she dropped down probably 3-4 lines and started her essay.

The college requested less than 500 words, so when she felt she had written all she needed to say, she highlighted it and did a word count check to make sure she was under the 500 word limit and that was it!

I hope this helps!