Menu

Lial's Precalculus - experiences & schedule

I am trying to plan my oldest's math for next year.  He is successfully using Lial's Intermediate Algebra this year, but I am getting to the point that it is harder for me to just jump in and help him.  I would love to have him try an online class like Derek Owens, but it is not in the budget.  So, I am trying to put together a plan using Lial's Precalculus.  I own the hardcover 3rd edition text and student solutions.  Before I go through it to make a schedule, I am hoping to get some feedback on how self-educating at this level has worked out for those who have BTDT.  I would also love to see how others have scheduled it.

Thanks all

• 4 weeks later...

I have the book, but ds decided not to go there, so I haven't done it yet. I have gone through it myself quite a bit and found it to be equally self teaching to the previous levels which I have used with both my kids.

If he struggles, some options are Khan Academy (as always) or I have seen quite a few people say they line up Thinkwell Pre-Calc with Lial's for video lessons. Thinkwell videos can often be purchased fairly cheaply used and Thinkwell courses can be purchased through Homeschool Buyers Coop (frequently) for 50% off. PreCalc is currently on sale there for $62.50. You can activate the subscription anytime within a year and then the subscription is good for a year.