Menu

Would like your recommendations for earth science curriculum to pair with geography

swimnactmom

I would like spend next year (6th grade) studying a combination of geography & world cultures. I am leaning toward using Trail Guide and either World Geography and You or Usborne Internet Linked World Geography, as the base for our geography/world cultures studies. I thought earth science would be a good choice for science since that would work well with a study of geography. Can anyone recommend a good secular science course?

(I was looking at Runkle Geography, I thought it might be suited as the base for our science studies, but I'm not sure. Would using all of these geography books be overkill? Can someone who has Runkle clue me in as to its appropriateness as a science course? Do I have to do experiments for it to be considered science in 6th grade?)

We are using Power Basics Earth-Space Science this year --- totally secular. It is sold by Rainbow Resource too, read their description. My 6th grader does the work for the most part totally on his own too.

I don't know of a program that combines geography and earth-space science but I agree with you that the two could easily go hand-in-hand, even if they are separate courses.