Menu

JMO, FWIW ;) :

1. I'd leave out the light books/historical fiction

(looks like padding or inflating the course, otherwise)

2. I'd only include works read actually read in the high school years

(because at the high school level more was done than just "exposure" through reading -- i.e., actually working with the work through analyzing, discussing, writing about…)

(and because colleges generally only want to see the work done in the last 4 years of high school on the transcript)

3. don't need to list every title

(could say "studied over 2 dozen short stories", or, "detailed analysis of short stories in the _____ and _____ genres", or…. whatever applies)

4. don't repeat

(again, ends up looking like padding; if DS did extra work on a specific book, then you could describe it something like this: "British Literature, with a special focus on Shakespeare's tragedies through an in-depth study of Hamlet and King Lear")

5. not quite sure what you asking -- is it how to include books read outside of a formal credit??

6. all depends on the specific university's policies (so do your research), but the odds go up in your favorite that you will be less likely to need the course descriptions and additional records :)