Menu

Bible- The Most... and Balancing the Sword... Route 66

*lifeoftheparty*

This year we are going through the book of Proverbs, with an old childhood book of my husbands, that is pretty much using Proverbs to talk about character and stuff. I really like it.

Next year, DS10 will be in 6th grade though, and I would like to do an in-depth, read through the entire Bible, study with him. I have searched the boards, looked at some stuff, and so far, my two favorites are "Balancing the Sword" and "The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study."

DS will be 11 and in 6th grade. He will start CC Challenge A in 7th grade, and I would really like for him to have that chronological, in depth study of the Bible before we start Challenge.

I like Balancing the Sword because I see that they have Vocabulary help in the software, and there are flashcards and quizzes for that. He needs SO much work with vocabulary.

I like the other program because it looks like it's geared toward younger students than BTS.

Is there anyone who has used these programs and would like to share your thoughts on them?

Thanks!!

ETA: I also like Route 66 from Positive Action for Christ... anyone else?

If you do use Route 66 from Positive Action will you share your thoughts, please? I'm getting their pre-k for this year and am curious about their higher levels.

Yes, I will- I looked them all over and decided that I'm going to use it.

I like all they middle and high school stuff- and- I did use it one year, when DS was in First Grade and really liked it.

So I think I'll start my younger DS on it too when he starts school.

We have 'The Most important thing You'll Ever Study' for my textbook inclined 14 year old. He likes it - but because he's on holidays, he seems to have forgotten why. But yes, he was pretty definite that he likes it. I think it's a little dry - you just read the book of the Bible and answer questions, but he obviously finds the questions interesting enough. He's worked through it since mid 2014, about 60 minutes a week, and he's up to Isaiah now.

Not knowing your son, I would probably be a little apprehensive using it for a younger grade - when I looked at it, I didn't consider using it for my other then-9 and 12 year olds.