Menu

How long should it take a 3 lb. turkey breast to thaw?

Night Elf

It takes 24 hrs. for chicken breasts to thaw in my refrigerator. I have no idea how to determine how long it might take a 3 lb. turkey breast to thaw. I don't want it frozen when I'm ready to cook it. Does anyone have an idea? What about the location in the refrigerator? Don't refrigerators usually get colder on the top shelves? I am going to end up in the stereotypical position of the family sitting around past lunch time waiting for a turkey to finish cooking. *sigh*

Okay. Do you know if the cooking instructions change if it's still frozen? I found a recipe that says 350 for an hour, baste, than 20 - 30 min. more. We're normally a ham family. I hope I don't regret this bird!

It might just need a little longer to cook. Allow for time for it to rest once you take it out.About 15 minutes.

I think it should be defrosted but if you are worried about it you would be fine to put it in the fridge Monday night when you go to bed.