Menu

JAWM: Acrid perfumes need to go away

Katy

Then, there is my father...He thinks skunks smell lovely. Honest. He. does. There is no accounting for what people like and dislike.

I knew a guy like that, and I came to realize he had a point. I wouldn't say I like skunk smell, but in not-overwhelming quantities I like it better than most perfumes.

I'm another perfume and smell hater. I don't mind flowers that smell in their natural form, it's fleeting and delicate usually but in products on humans I hate it. Men's colognes and sprays are particularly potent and I've noticed local kids with clothes obviously washed in fabric softener and they smell exactly like pee.

I did have a funny experience with an older lady once. I said something to my kids in a shop once and she overheard and agreed about this particular kid thing. She then asked me to sniff her perfume because she though it was too strong and was bothering people, it wasn't, but was very considerate of her.