Menu

laparoscopic robot-assisted myomectomy

raindrops

This is the surgery for which I am scheduled.  Has anyone done this?  Your experiences? 

How long have YOU had to wait for surgery?  I'm just asking because this has already been a long road to get to this point, and I just want to get the surgery done, but the surgeon called today saying I have to wait another three weeks.  It's hard waiting....mentally and physically.  My flooding periods exhaust me, and I'm battling low level depression because I can't engage in my normal activities, like swimming.  It takes all my energy to keep up with the house and the kids.  I've gained 10 lbs too.  Please pray for me for strength and wisdom and patience.

This is the surgery for which I am scheduled.  Has anyone done this?  Your experiences? 

How long have YOU had to wait for surgery?  I'm just asking because this has already been a long road to get to this point, and I just want to get the surgery done, but the surgeon called today saying I have to wait another three weeks.  It's hard waiting....mentally and physically.  My flooding periods exhaust me, and I'm battling low level depression because I can't engage in my normal activities, like swimming.  It takes all my energy to keep up with the house and the kids.  I've gained 10 lbs too.  Please pray for me for strength and wisdom and patience.

Praying for the peace that passes all understanding and also a stop to this flooding! 

why are they delaying the surgery?  Is the schedule full of more important surgeries?  Or is it something about your before surgery lab work?  Is there an insurance issue?You need to be asking these questions.  

I had a partial hysterectomy last year that I had scheduled 3 months in advance.  I had my lab work done 2 days prior.   The only thing stopping that surgery would have been my lab work.  If I was on the schedule, the hospital had prepped, the insurance was prepared to pay for that day's surgery, and I had done all the fasting/bathroom prep work.  

You need to be asking questions about why it's being changed.  Once my Dr said I could have surgery they scheduled it.  There is so much planning that goes into surgery it's not just a random date thrown out.  The Dr has a schedule of surgery days.  The insurance and hospital have to coordinate costs.  You have to do the bathroom cleanse the day prior and the lab work 2-3 days prior.  It's a planned event.  Find out why they postponed.