Menu

Bath Fitters, ReBath, etc..

Moxie

well, we used Bath Fitters a few years ago, it cost about $4,000.  But - we had an old fiberglass tub and surround, and BF could not just put their unit over it, like they did regular bathtubs.  They took the fiberglass tub out, and put their unit over a sort of tub shell.

After just a couple years. we had to have them come out, rip it all out, and redo it, as water somehow was seeping between the shell and the FB tub.  No cost to use, as BF has a life time guarantee as long as you own the house.

I am about to call BF AGAIN, though, as now there is a crack in the tub!

I think if you have an existing real bathtub, maybe it would be worth it. Then again.....maybe not. I wish we had gotten a real tub and tiles around it and never used Bath Fitter at all. Sigh.

• 3 months later...

Update - Bath Fitter is refusing to honor their lifetime warranty to replace defective materials at no cost.  Hubby has dug up and sent copy of Federal law stating they have to honor their warranty, and can not change the terms or conditions after the fact. So it has been over six months of no bathtub/shower in the one major bathroom of our house.  Do NOT use Bath Fitter!!!!!!!

PS - this is the second time we have had the Bath Fitter materials or workmanship (they worker never could figure out why water was getting between the "tub" and liner during the first repair) fail in less than ten years.