Menu

Something Like MEP Reception?

beaners

I am using MEP Reception with a few kids at the moment. I've gone through it before and I know how it progresses into the first level. Some of the kids will definitely be fine with that. At least one of them is probably going to need more time at that same "count how many people," "more birds or squirrels," "color two green and one yellow" stage. Is there anything else similar? We do a lot of the same things in everyday life, but with so much on our plates right now I am going to need a program.

You might check out CSMP. It was the "new math when I was in grade school. Like MEP it is free for the printing, has some different approaches to the standard stuff, and covers multiple years. I went through the K level last year with my 4/5 yo, just cherry-picked the lessons mainly skipping the calculator ones).

http://ceure.buffalostate.edu/~csmp/

There were one or two books you could print, but also references to a book list that I never found.

Thank you! I will look at all of those. Can someone remind me of the difference between Singapore Essentials and Singapore Earlybird? I actually downloaded the CSMP materials before, but that computer crashed and burned and I hadn't thought about it since.