Menu

Learning Areas

Zelda

I finally have one. Before today the school stuff was all spread out mostly because my husband had this fantasy that we'd all eat at the kitchen table. :D

Today I rebeled and made it into the main work area. He's away working anyhow!

100_0421-1.jpg

The computer area and my stuff:

100_0422.jpg

The corner that has the craft supplies and I should have the decency not to show anyone because it's such a mess:

100_0424.jpg

Most of our furniture is on it's last legs, or rather was already on it's last legs when I rescued it from the garbage truck or pulled it out of a family member's garage but it works. And we're not dirt poor anymore so I'll finally be able to replace it when it falls apart (We're not poor but I'm still cheap! :D)

I should add that the neatly written stuff on the whiteboard is just for show! :)

Thanks. I find the cat to be a homeschooling essential. :D

Careful, cats can be habit forming. :lol:

I *love* how the top of your table looks like a hardwood floor! :D

Hey, speaking of cats - I see what looks like a cat painting or something there...on the table, behind the thing with scissors and a cat-toy-disguised-as-a-feather-pencil sticking out of it....yours or your dd's? *nosy* :)

Your space is *so* much more organised than ours! - we're working with about the same amount of physical space, but, well, if you're not careful about where you touch, stuff will topple over and BURY YOU ALIVE IN AN AVALANCHE OF BOOKS. :tongue_smilie:

I'd post pics of my living room, but the Lego chaos there is rather embarassing. That's where we do reading, oral work, and sometimes writing while laying on the floor. And I'd post pics of the kitchen table, where we do a lot of our seatwork, art projects, and science projects, but the leftover pizza on the table is also embarassing.:001_smile:

Sometimes I look at these pics and envy the wonderful learning rooms, complete with white boards, maps, organized book areas, etc. Then I realize we probably would still migrate to the heart of our home, the kitchen/dining/living room area, so the lovely room would be unused.

P.S. DH does wish that our dining room didn't have to be decorated with maps of the ancient world.