Menu

Silly Question for Those Who Read the Outlander Books

trinchick

I'd originally read Outlander (loved) and Dragonfly in Amber (didn't love but OK) and then trailed off from the series. I watched the Starz show and it rekindled my interest - actually may have inspired a bit of an obsession - and I re-read Outlander in about two days. Housework neglected, kids neglected, etc.

So now I'm at a crossroads. Do I re-read Dragonfly in Amber hoping to like it more this time, or do I just skip ahead to Voyager? I could probably read a plot narrative for Dragonfly in Amber to refresh my memory and then forge on.  Will I miss any enjoyment or key details if I take this route?

I know this is a trifling question, but Outlander is nibbling at my brain cells and turned me into a lump of mush.

Either way.

If you skip it, you may like Voyager better. I did. I don't think you'll miss anything really.

If you don't skip and end up reading the whole series at that same rate or a similar one, it will help draw it out a bit. And since you're enjoying it more this go around, you may just get more pleasure from it.

I just re-read Dragonfly...and did actually enjoy it more than I did the first time. That said, it wasn't much more enjoyable...the whole Bonnie Prince Charlie thing just drew out toooooooo long. The end of that book is pivotal in the story, though...

Voyager was a lot more fun this time around, too.

I'd say re-read it just to extend your time in the series.