Menu

Foam Rolling

Negin

I recently got a foam roller. I'd like to find some videos (preferably You Tube or something I won't have to pay for) that are comprehensive, if you know what I mean. In other words, not videos that quickly rush through all the moves or only do one side, or whatever. I'm looking for a proper routine, where I can hit "play" and feel as if I've accomplished something. I think that what I mean are videos that are "real time".

Thank you. :)

I've no clue how to link on my iPad, but when I google Melt Method Youtube my top hit is one in which Sue Hitzmann (might be misspelling that) does her neck.

I didn't rewatch it right now, but I think she goes through the entire thing.

She really knows her stuff about fascia, by the way. She also has strong opinions about hard vs soft rollers, and the speed at which you roll. Although she really drives me nuts in many ways, I trust her information, and have noticed other people I trust (Katy Bowman, for example) also reference her.

Lol, I just got one as well.  I plan to spend some time this week combing through You Tube to see what is out there. I just haven't had the time yet.  But if I find anything I will let you know.

I am looking for something fairly quick. I don't want to workout for an hour and then need another 45 mins to stretch and roll, kwim?  That will ensure it doesn't happen. Plus, I am hoping my ballet dancer boys use the roller as well, and they won't if it takes too long.

I got this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ANL2WQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it is the same as DH has used in PT, so I figured it was durable. Not being durable is the biggest complaint I saw when it comes to rollers. I figured if this stands up to PT, then it can deal with us.

Thank you all. I've been looking on You Tube, Pinterest, and am even considering a book from amazon. I wouldn't mind a book where I just focus on a few stretches a day and that's it. Not sure yet. 

Although she really drives me nuts in many ways

This made me smile. I haven't seen her yet, but comments like this get me giggling  :lol:. 

But if I find anything I will let you know.

I am looking for something fairly quick. I don't want to workout for an hour and then need another 45 mins to stretch and roll, kwim?  That will ensure it doesn't happen. Plus, I am hoping my ballet dancer boys use the roller as well, and they won't if it takes too long.

I got this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ANL2WQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it is the same as DH has used in PT, so I figured it was durable. Not being durable is the biggest complaint I saw when it comes to rollers. I figured if this stands up to PT, then it can deal with us.

Yes, please do let me know. I'll also post here as to what I find. 

I agree with you. I want something quick. 

I wish that I'd gotten the one you got. :( Now I have to wait until someone can either bring one for me (which is always a giant pain) or until our next trip. This is the one I got. It seems fine, just a little too hard for newbie me.