Menu

Facebook requests make me laugh!

JustEm

I don't know what it is about my age group but it feels like everyone is trying to relive their teens through Facebook. I'm 28, and just got a fb request from a guy I knew when I was 13. We were friends for maybe 9 mmonths, only because he was best friend with a boyfriend of mine. This is probably the tenth friend request this month from random people I knew as a young teen. Not even people I knew well.

Most of them have been males trying to tell me how beautiful I still am. I just simply ignore the messages and friend requests but its so incredibly odd. Its so deeply disturbing because a good number of them are apparently married. Its like they're all coming to the realization that they are unhappy in their lives and want to relive the good old years. I don't get it because for me I would never want to relive highschool years. They were fun at the time but nothing special.

I take them. It is fun to see what those we once knew are up to.

I rejected one person. She was in junior high with me but stole my homework and made me get a D in science. When I found out, I was too timid to turn her in. She had been taking my work directly from the turn in pile. To this day, it makes me angry. Then she had the nerve to friend request me!

I take them. It is fun to see what those we once knew are up to.

I rejected one person. She was in junior high with me but stole my homework and made me get a D in science. When I found out, I was too timid to turn her in. She had been taking my work directly from the turn in pile. To this day, it makes me angry. Then she had the nerve to friend request me!

See I'll accept requests from old friends from that time but they have to have been close friends(there aren't many I would consider close friends.) And usually then I only keep them as friends for about a month before remembering why I didn't care for them being in my life. Its the really random ones that confuse me. Like the guy who I had one class with and maybe said 2 words to a week be a use he was too cool for me. Or the girl who seemed to hate me because I got better grades than her without having to try as hard. Or that guy that knew I didn't like him dating my best friend because he was a jerk and I didn't hide my dislike for him. Why these people request friendships boggles my mind and makes me laugh