Menu

COMMON APP QUESTION FOR HYBRID STUDENTS

Hi All,

I am back after a 2 yr hiatus! (had a different name though) We've moved also.

Dd is a senior, and homeschooled 9th and 10th grades. Grades 11 and 12 have been at the public school, but she was able to continue with her outside classes (AP's, JHU math)

So, my question involves her transcripts and the Common App. The high school accepted ALL of her homeschool classes (yipee) and the classes are listed on her transcript as accepted classes w an asterisk stating the classes were taken "out of district". 

So...before I call all 10 colleges to which she is applying, does anyone know if I still need to send her homeschool transcript/counselor's letter/homeschool profile separately? Or, will the colleges assume that my classes at least meet the standard of equivalent high school classes?

She does have the AP scores (will have in total 10). SAT 2's, to verify some of the homeschool classes.

Any advice?? Thank you all so much and it is great to be back...

Have you asked the guidance office what they would do for other students who were in traditional schools who moved to that district? It's not like no other kids change district.

Are there grades on the transcript for what they accepted?

You might put together course descriptions and a 9-10 transcript in case a school asks.

Yep, if the class is equivalent, then it is on the final transcript. I guess I'm trying to clarify if colleges want me to submit MY transcript/descriptions since she was homeschooled. Stanford and Cal Tech both want extra info from homeschoolers...I'll give them a call on Monday and clarify. Thx!