Menu

If you've used Runkle World Physical Geography, click here...

BatmansWife

...and HELP me out! 

I am really confused.  I have the 3 book set: the main text book (yellow), the teacher's guide (yellow) which has the answers to the questions in the text and it has the tests with answers, and then I have the student activity workbook (blue). 

It's the blue book that's my problem.  It makes no sense at.all.  :banghead:   How in the world does this line up with the text book?  I don't think it does.  There are 6 pages in the beginning that have "specific learning activities" that correspond to each of the lessons in the yellow text book (but they aren't even all that clear).  Other than that...nothing seems to go with the text book.  I don't see anywhere in the text book lessons where it says...."go to your student activity workbook and do pages x, y, z" (or 1, 2, 3 LOL!).  It seems like this blue book is all different kinds of maps and the student has to memorize a TON of stuff.  In the beginning of the blue book the author mentions her "mapping method".  What is the method?  I don't see any real instruction here. 

I don't know what to do.  Right now, I feel like I don't even want to use this blue workbook.  I didn't plan on having my son (who is obviously way older than the intended target range for this book, but because of reading issues this is why we chose it.  I still think I'm going to have to read the text book to him though).  Anyway, I was saying that I didn't plan on having my son memorize all these countries, capitals, rivers, etc.  To me...that spells total nightmare. 

Anyway, if you've used this program...how did you use it?  Did you use the blue activity workbook?  Any help would be appreciated. 

We used it for, IIRC, part of 10th grade (it's actually more middle school level, imo).

Yep, we memorized. That's the purpose of the workbook, and no, it doesn't match up to the text.

I think it's a good idea to memorize where things are in the world. We just did countries and capitals. I was reminded of my own lack of geography knowledge! Nowadays, things seem to be changing rather quickly--so if you do decide to memorize, make sure your maps (esp Europe!) are accurate.