Menu

Anyone else here with a pop-up camper? (help!)

ZeeMommy

And what kind of stuff do I need to pack in it?

It has a small stove, sink, tiny fridge that cools decently, one side of pop-up is king bed, one side is queen.  Also came with small microwave under one of the seats that you can take out and plug in somewhere. 

We're going camping with it for the first time in about a week.

First make your meal plan and think through everything you need to prepare and serve each meal.

Think pasta- You need a pot for pasta, a pot for sauce, a strainer for the pasta. Serving utensils, plates and forks.

Think through every meal and compile a food, kitchen, bedding, game lists. We ended up buying double of some things and storing them in the camper to make getting packed up and unpacked easier. We had camper pillows, blankets, dishes, silverware, board games for rainy days. 

Then think about setting up the camper:

Flashlights, hammer, things to level it with, wd 40...

I hate to say it but mostly we got out there and almost always "needed" something we didn't have with us. We would pick it up and leave it in there. We camped in our pop up for 10 years before it self destructed.

A personal favorite is a hanging shoe rack with the little pockets.  Cut it down in size (or not) and find a place to hang it.  I find this extremely valuable for holding things like contact solution, bug spray, my contact case, sunscreen, our keys, eye glasses, medicine, a few bandaids, toothpaste (if you'll brush in/at your camper vs. a restroom/bath house).  You name it.  Very helpful in a popup IME!

We only take ours out 1-2x a year at the moment, but a few yrs ago we went a lot and had a great system.  Yes to duplicates of everything.  Things I can think of:

paper products or dishes you want to use (think lightweight though) and cutlery

napkins

paper towels

first aid kit if you don't have one in your car already (would include things like tweezers, Tylenol for adults and kids, Benedryl, etc. besides the more usual stuff)

bug spray

zip locks

hoses for hookups

extension cords for hookups

a mat or rug for outside the camper

dustpan and brush

dishsoap

flashlight

nightlight

we bring an old toddler potty that is small and all one piece, easily stored and emptied.  Works well for the middle of the night.

sheets, blankets, towels

garbage bags (I like having a bunch of extras)

duct tape?

we just bring our pillows the day of

I usually bring markers, paper, playing cards, maybe a board game, inflatable beach ball, velcro mitts and ball for catch.  Think lighter weight and smaller IME

shower shoes for everyone

extra jacket/sweatshirt for everyone (lives in the camper for the season)

toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair ties, etc)

fire clicker to start a fire

a few pots and pans

knife

foil

dishtowels

marshmallow roasting sticks

citronella candle(s)

vinyl tablecloth for the picnic table at the campground

cleaning spray to wipe stuff down

dish scrubbie

clothesline (great for wet/damp clothes so they can dry)

food

pet food, leash and dog bowls

potable water (bottled or a cooler or gallon jugs)