Menu

Drawing with Children Art Projects

Wishes

After reading Drawing with Children, several years ago, I attended Mona Brooks' "teacher training class" in order to better understand her methodology, especially as someone who never considered themselves as a person with the ability to draw. I found it to be quite an enjoyable experience, and Mona an enthusiastic teacher. She gave us access to her project materials as a part of the training. Just recently it was announced that Mona's website now includes these individual projects to purchase and download. Each project includes an informational handout about the animal/creature/subject of the drawing, instructions, a warm up page (containing parts of the main drawing), a completed drawing (sometimes several), a drawing that includes the steps (step one always begins with the eyes), and several photographs of the subject. Being a tentative drawer myself, I find that I need to practice the subject several times before I feel confident enough to teach a child. The projects are $9 each. I am including the link. If you click on MonArt Store, then MonArt lessons, you find the projects. 

http://monart.com