Menu

CTC Math -- How different is it from (free) Khan Academy?

Tardis Girl

Up to 5 family members can have individual logins/lesson tracks.  Once set, you can take placement evaluations that tell each student what topics need work.  Then for each topic/lesson there is a video, problems to work and a printable review sheet.  You will get reports showing what has been completed and how well.  I can't totally compare to khan because I've never managed to set up  a particular lesson track  in Khan, I just watch the videos we need.  (So I guess there is an ease of use issue for me. ;) )

For my "Ok I got it" boys, CTC works and they can login and find the lesson they need to do independently.  For my "What???" girl, we use Teaching Textbooks. I would say CTC is more comparable to Tablet Class Math, perhaps a little smoother than TCM in presentation.  TCM sometimes takes too long to cut to the chase for my "Really, I got this" guy.  (Though I could use LOTS more explanation- I'm a "What???" student myself.)